The following are what you are supposed to do in case of an accident:
1. Determine the extent of injuries or damage. If needed, obtain medical assistance.
2. File an accident report. Don’t leave the accident scene unless your physical safety is at risk.
3. Limit discussion of the accident. Talk only with the police and Libertas General Insurance Co. claim representative.
4. Don’t admit fault at the scene or at any time.
5. Get the facts and essential details at the scene.
6. Check the status of your claim.
For more about claims, including Frequently Asked Questions, click here.