Position: Legal Assistant
Reporting to: Claims Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting and/or scrutinising Company’s legal documents in line with relevant laws, rules and regulations.
- Conducting initial legal research and providing relevant information to the Company’s appointed legal practitioners.
- Contacting witnesses and gathering credible evidence that can pass in the court of law.
- Coordinating mediation sessions
- Managing all administrative responsibilities in the legal office.
- Organizing all legal documents in a confidential way.
- Drafting demand letters and notices to concerned parties
- Liaising with different Legal houses on the progress of litigation cases.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES
- Diploma in Law
- 3 years’ industry experience (in either a general insurance or busy legal house)
- High sense of confidentiality and attention to detail
- Time management skills
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Applicants must download and fill in the Application Form on the link below and submit to the following address together with copies of their qualifications: –
The Human Resources Manager
Libertas General Insurance Company Ltd
P O Box 354
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.