Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position tenable at our Blantyre and Lilongwe office.
||Temporary Drivers (2-3 months)
|Reports To (Designation)
|Purpose of the Job
||Providing reliable, professional, and safe driving services for staff and delivering mail with integrity and in line with national road regulations.
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff and mail whilst driving responsibly following national and company regulation.
- Ensure that COF and Insurance of vehicles are up to date
- Ensure that vehicles are always kept in good running condition by addressing general maintenance issues such as tyre pressure and inspection of the car’s main components such as lights, breaks and wipers.
- Making arrangements for major vehicle service
- Providing vehicle performance report for each service
- Keeping up a travel log record of areas travelled, time etc and fuel receipts
- Provide daily report to the supervisor
- Recognize and timely notify supervisor of any faults concerning vehicles or worn out parts
- Report any accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor
- Ensure availability of all emergency items and spare parts in the vehicle
- Other duties assigned from time to time by manager
- Malawi School Certificate of Education plus
- A clean and valid Driving Licence
- Valid Defensive Driving licence
- Certificate in motor vehicle servicing and repairing will be an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in driving vehicles in a busy environment
- Defensive driving skills
- Good time management
- Good knowledge of Blantyre or Lilongwe roads and offices
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Ability to prioritize assignments
- Good listening skills with ability to follow instructions
- Dressing professionally always
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Flexible and willingness to work odd hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures applicable to vehicle management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff
- Planning & organizing
Interested applicants must download and fill in the application form on the link below and submit to the following address together with copies of their certificates: –
The Finance and Administration Manager
Libertas General Insurance Company Ltd
P O Box 354
Unit House, Ground floor
Closing date for receiving applications is 23rd March 2023 on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Libertas General Insurance Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer.