Position: Underwriting Clerk
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position tenable at our Autotec Sales office in Lilongwe.
|Job title||Underwriting Clerk|
|Reports To (Designation)||Lilongwe Branch Manager|
|Purpose of the Job||Attending to customers to ensure that Branch/Department goals and customer needs are met.|
|Key Responsibilities||· Attending to customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Complying with all Know Your Client requirements and all regulations that impact underwriting.
· Ensuring appropriate premiums, clauses, memos, warranties are given to a customer.
· Timely posting of sales in the technical system
· Conducting pre-cover inspections.
· Ensuring proper record keeping
· Conducting sales through cross-selling to ensure business growth.
· Conducting other duties assigned from time to time.
|Qualifications||· Diploma in Insurance
· Advanced diploma in other business-related field will be an added advantage
|Experience||· 3 years’ industry experience (in general insurance)|
|Knowledge||· Knowledge of company products, services, policies, and procedures
· Skills in operating office and technological equipment and software
· Skills in completing multiple tasks at once.
· Ability to communicate professionally with coworkers, customers, and other stakeholders.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions
|Competencies||· Results-driven personality eager to partner with upper management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Exceptional time management and ability to solve problems under pressure.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
Interested candidates should send their application letters together with copies of Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of three traceable referees to: –
The Human Resources Manager
Libertas General Insurance Company Ltd
P O Box 354
Closing date for receiving applications is 22nd September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Libertas General Insurance Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer.